Thursday, May 31, 2012

Envie de partir...


Sun is shining and it's making me feel so happy. And by some reason, this summery feeling is making me want to leave as well. Travel, discover, re-discover, see. 
So here's some places I'd love to go (or rather, come back) right now and some cool things not to be missed. 


1. Frederiksberg Have park in Copenhagen.



I've been to few parks in my life and also in Copenhagen, but this one will take your breath away. 
It's one of the most romantic and quiet parks, even though probably  it's gonna be crowded as all others in the summer(the pics were taken in April)
Anyway, it's really worth a visit. Frederiksberg park was the royal garden for the summer residence and it was renovated in 1800. It's really magic and you can also take a boat and go in the little lakes and rivers that surround the Chinese-like bridges. Something different but really pleasant to see, least to say. Not to mention the wonderfu flowers and big birds (I had never seen something similar in my whole life, there was also a men feeding them like pets!)



2. Ostuni, Puglia (Southern Italy) 



Ostuni is a cute almost-entirely white village in my dad's region, Puglia. Its peculiarity is the whiteness that captures all your senses...because  of the white lime which the old town was once totally painted with. If you go around the 15th of August be sure to enjoy some traditional outdoor celebrations with some typical (amazing) local food. 


3. Morro Bay, California 


This place stole my heart. My friend and I were travelling from San Francisco to Newport Beach and we randomly decided to stop here before driving the rest of the trip. We arrived there at sunset and, oh yes, that was the most amazing sunset I've ever seen! Sky was literally on fire, wind was blowing, it was so silent, nobody was there... Such a good feeling.  
We booked a little room in this nice hotel and we were surprised by the exaggerated niceness of the owner, who made us a free super-good breakfast. Absolutely not to miss if you're travelling around California!



So ready to go? Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment